Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Hammars & Hamburgers


Today on the way to Church we happened to drive by a Burger King. Jadyn upon seeing it pointed to it and told me she wanted a hamburger. I told her no and she of course asked why. I then told her that Heavenly Father and Jesus told us not to buy hamburgers on Sunday. Fast forward to tonight when we were gathered around the table eating snickerdoodles that I had made. Kaylie says that she wants a hamburger and Jadyn without missing a beat turns to her and says, "No Kaylie. Jesus Christ said no hamburgers!"

I guess I need to explain my answers for them a little better from now on and try and teach them about keeping the Sabbath day holy and how it includes a little more than just hamburgers. :) My girls just crack me up with what the come up with and their take on the world. I just can't believe how fast they are growing up and how big they are getting.

4 comments:

Jacque said...

That's so cute! Once we went to bed Sunday nite, and then 2:00am Monday morning, I awoke with a strong desire for a Filiberto's taco...(well, it wasn't Sunday anymore!)so I woke up DH, and he took me there, at 2:00am! But, Lo and Behold, we were 7th in line at the drive-thru.LOL!Funny thing is, I probably haven't had one for 5 yrs. now! Don't tell the girls, or you will be making hamburger runs at 2:00am on Monday mornings!

Grandma Norma said...

I love reading and seeing pictures of your sweet family. I can't believe they are getting so big....and the cute things they come up with. Love, Aunt Norma

Debbie said...

I love it! They are so cute. We can't wait to see them. Give them hugs from Aunt Debbie.

It's a Wonderful Life said...

Your girls aare so cute!! I can not wait until we can come and see you guys again!!