Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11th











I honestly can't believe that it has been 8 years since September 11th happened. I can still remember everything like it was yesterday and my heart still goes out to the families and friends that were affected by it firsthand. Tim and I had the opportunity to go to Ground Zero in 2005 before we left for law school. It is amazing to feel the spirit there and the peace that is found. It was great to see how everyone was so respectful and reverent, which is exactly how you hope people will be but are never quite sure what you'll find. It was an experience I will never forget and am so thankful I had the opportunity to go.

I hope that you all have a wonderful September 11th and take a moment to think of all the people who so tragically lost their lives on that day. I am thankful to be an American and hope that people "will never forget".

No comments: